FortuneNext Enterprise Helps Airways Hotel Smile To Profitability
Airways Hotel Leverages 24×7 on-call support service to enhance business processes
Airways Hotel is a 25 year-old hotel in Papua New Guinea. It is part of a reputed hospitality chain in the Pacific and a business leader in industry trends. A winner of accolades at the World Travel Awards 2010, its uniqueness has made Airways Hotel the World’s leading Airport Hotel in 2010. Located in Port Moresby, it overlooks the Bootless Bay and Owen Stanley Range.
Airways Hotel already had a technology solution that automated operations. However, their solution was outdated and had numerous bugs that impacted seamless operations of the property.
The hotel had limited access to technology support since they were not a large subscriber of the service. The Airways Hotel also grappled with issues like application interface problems, which stalled night audits, affecting their operational efficiency.
Airways Hotel evaluated alternate solutions and implemented IDS FortuneNext Enterprise. Our solution integrated all hospitality functions – from front office to payroll – creating a single, centralised system of operations. It even simplified front desk management, payroll, and inventory management.
This resulted in
· No lost interfaces, and therefore, no operational delays
· Inventory and payroll linked to finance and accounting, for better financial calculations
· Smart features, such as iAlert, to allow efficient communication with guests
· Informative financial reports to aid decision-making
Key Modules of IDS FortuneNext Enterprise deployed at Airways Hotel
· Front Office Management
· Point of Sale
· Accounts Receivable
· Sales and Marketing
· Telephone Management
· Materials Management
· Food and Beverages Costing
· Financial Management
· HR and Payroll
· Maintenance Management
· Quality Management
· SMS Alerts
Additional Features Helped the Hotel Stay Future-ready
· Strong reporting and control functions
· Compliance with local regulatory requirements
· Plug-and-play interfaces for third-party products to enable seamless hotel automation
· Easy-to-maintain technical build, supporting faster updates, and greater security
· 100% application uptime and complete scalability
· No unique hardware investments
· 24×7, live, multi-lingual support, and free user training
After deploying our solution, Airways Hotel began seeing a positive impact on key operational areas:
- Easy and efficient handling of guest queries, quick access to guest history (such as number of visits) for relevant details, expedited-check out processes, and efficient guest messaging enhanced guest management
- Improved monitoring (and control) of costs with weekly F&B cost tracking, informative reports and tools to guide revenue management, and data to support financial plans resulted in an increase of 15% in the room rates. Revenue and cost management became easy
- Reports on market and enterprise productivity measures, insights into Hotel’s performance in different sectors, data to support assessments linked to critical decisions, and business intelligence to guide strategy – all boosted sales and marketing efforts
- A document center to give front-desk personnel easy access to information, SMS alert engine, and drag-and-drop check-in and check-out tools, enabled smart work. This resulted in reduced time taken to complete tasks and gains in operational efficiency
- User-friendly features, touch screen versions at point of sale to post guest orders, easy communication of guest requirements to bars and restaurants, and reports to aid menu engineering. All of these have reduced errors and set the productivity curve soaring.
“I must appreciate the sense of belonging and pride the staff working at IDS take to make things happen. We have developed personal relationships with the customer support staff and that is where IDS score a point over the rest. I had the liberty of calling an IDS associate at 3 a.m. IST (Indian Standard Time) to expect help and have received assistance. Personal touch is the key difference.”
Want to know how IDS Next products will benefit your property?