The Global Hospitality Technology Platform Provider
Founded in 1987, IDS Next became India’s largest hotel software company in its first decade of operations and Asia’s largest in 2009. Today, IDS Next is the leading provider of smart hotel software across Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Oceania, serving over 6,000 customers in 45 countries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in a computer technology related discipline.
- Minimum 4-6 Years in managing data stores, not just databases, and with experience in managing resources on Azure Cloud.
- anage various databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to team.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in MS SQL / Redis.
- A good understanding of non-traditional databases including MongoDB, Redis and Aerospike amongst others.
- Hands on Experience with Managed Azure DB’s(SQL Azure).
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Experience working with Windows server and Linux OS.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend integrity, ird party tools.
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to automate as much as possible as primary solution to various problem statement and provide solution on Azure and On-Premise
CONTACT US TO APPLY
Please drop your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about IDS Next?